Saturday, December 12, 2020

An email from Frank Stewart re: The Daily Bridge Club column


Dale,

The situation with the Buffalo News was brought to my attention, and then I came across your blog.

According to my syndicate people, the paper has given no notice of cancelling, so maybe there is hope. I will be most grateful to readers who go to bat for bridge and for me and contact the paper to ask that my column be reinstated. I rarely lose a paper; bridge players are notably loyal to their local column, and there have been several instances where a paper proposed to drop my column and had to back off after a deluge of complaints. But a paper will act only in response to reader feedback.

Thanks for anything you can personally do to help.

Incidentally, I have myself emailed the editor, managing editor and assistant ME and haven’t heard back from anybody. Maybe they have spam filters that gobbled up my emails.

Kindest regards, stay well,

Frank Stewart


No comments:

Post a Comment